Ever put on your AirPods to keep a chatty Uber driver from annoying you during your trip? You may have an option to put them away.
Uber just launched a new preference in the app that allows you to specify what level of conversation you’d like to have during your Uber ride. Starting on Tuesday in the U.S., riders can choose between “Quiet preferred” and “happy to chat” in the app.
Or, if you don’t care one way or the other, you can just leave the setting at “No preference.” The driver will get a heads-up before you’re picked up, so they know what type of mood you’re in.
The setting is offered only for premium Uber rides, which means you’ll only get the choice before you take Uber Black or Uber Black SUV trips.
The ride-sharing company understands that riders who choose the Uber Black and Uber Black SUV service “want a consistent, high-quality experience every time they ride,” Uber’s senior product manager Aydin Ghajar said in a press release.
“With these new features and more to come, we’re excited to ensure that our riders can arrive relaxed and refreshed, wherever they’re headed,” Ghajar said.
Other preferences commuters will be able to preselect for premium rides include:
- Help with Luggage: Let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: Communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: Riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: Access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: Ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: Expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.