A group calling itself the Concerned Mothers Association of Takoradi has reiterated its call for President Akuffo Addo to remove the CID boss, COP Maame Tiwaa Addo-Danquah from office.
[contextly_sidebar id=”5PWWDy46QwJn2UYs456cO2gws6LNhfsQ”]At a press conference in Takoradi this morning, the group together with families of the three Takoradi kidnapped girls said, COP Addo-Danquah’s inability to help find the girls, despite several assurances is proof that she is incompetent.
The Convener for the group, Josephine Amoh, said they would march to Accra in 21 days if the President does not remove the CID Boss from office.
“We did not want to believe that when the CID Boss made the statement, she made it under duress. Her subsequent claim that she made the statement to give hope to the families was most unfortunate. Her refusal to apologize to Ghanaians shows her gross incompetence in handling the position as a CID Boss. We therefore appeal to the IGP and the President of the Republic of Ghana to as soon as possible, remove her from office as CID Boss and bring someone who will be able to do the job.”
Groups chide CID Boss
The group recently rebuked COP Addo-Danquah, for backtracking on her claim that the three girls had been found by the CID.
The group asked the CID boss to retract and apologize for the supposed deception.
“Our attention has been drawn to a statement made by the CID boss, Maame Tiwaa that she only said she knew the whereabouts of the three kidnapped girls to purportedly give false hope to the parents of the kidnapped girls without any real information on girls,” the group said in a statement.
“Indeed, hope defied makes the heart sorrowful and it is upon this Biblical truth that the CoMaG calls on her as the head of the National Police Criminal Investigation Department to come again on her recent statement by retracting and apologizing profusely to the affected families, communities, the Western Region and the whole Nation in general.”
At a press conference held in April 2019, the Police CID boss said the police knew where the kidnapped girls were.
But on May 11, Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah said she was misunderstood when she said the three girls had been located.
The girls, Ruth Quayson, Priscilla Blessing Bentum and Priscilla Koranchie are believed to have been kidnapped between August 2018 and December 2018.
The main suspect in the kidnapping, Sam Udoetuk Wills was before a court after he escaped from jail in December 2018 following his first arrest.
He received an 18-month jail sentence for his escape but no legal proceedings have started over his alleged involvement in the kidnapping.
The suspect was jailed on charges of escaping lawful custody and destroying property.