A 38-year old man has met his untimely death while two of his children are in critical condition in Gomoa Fetteh Kakraba in the Central Region.
This was after a gas cylinder he was using for cooking exploded.
Reports indicate that Kawku Dontoh was preparing food for his children after returning from church on Sunday and while cooking, the gas exploded killing him in the process and injuring two of his children.
An eyewitness who spoke to Citi News said he heard a loud noise in the victim’s room and rushed there only to find the man in a pool of blood with smoke all over the place.
“I was watching a football match in my room and suddenly I heard a loud noise next door. So I rushed out only to find Kwaku Dontoh’s room in flames,” Agbodah the eyewitness said.
“His whole body burnt beyond recognition but the curtains and other items in the room were not affected but there were two children sitting outside and they were affected too,” the eyewitness said.
According to Agbodah, he had heard the wife of the deceased complain about the leakage of the gas cylinder.
Kwaku Dontoh was rushed to the Korle-Bu Teaching hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
“The other two children are still in critical condition at the Korle-Bu teaching hospital,” the eyewitness said.