Madam Afua Asabea Asare, CEO of GEPA has been appointed a Member of the Board of the World Business Angel Investment Forum, Ghana.
At a high profile event to officially open the Ghana office of the World Business Angel Investment Forum, the Vice President of Ghana, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia led dignitaries to receive the 7-member newly appointed Board of Directors to the house.
- Afua Asabea Asare- Chief Executive Officer of Ghana Export Promotion Authority
- John Ampontuah Kumah- Chief Executive Officer of National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme.
- Kate Quartey Papafio- Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Reroy Cables Limited, Ghana
- Seth Twum-Akwaboah- Chief Executive Officer of Association of Ghana Industries.
- George Ofosuhene, Chief Executive Officer- Bond Savings and Loans Company
- Henrietta Halm-lutterodt- Ministry for Business Development
- Michael Akoto Ohene-Addo- Country Director, WBAF
Expatiating on the essence and benefit of having the World Business Angel Investment Forum set up in Ghana, Dr. Bawumia explained that the only true sources of smart finance are angel investors, who are able to influence a country’s economic development by providing more than just money to entrepreneurs and SMEs.
They contribute their own know-how, provide mentorship, and share their own networks in contributing to the businesses they invest in.
WBAF’s aim is to support entrepreneurs in starting up; support SMEs as they scale-up their businesses; and create jobs worldwide every year.
Access to finance and high-interest rates are the biggest challenges faced by most entrepreneurs across the country, thus the existence of the WBAF in Ghana will connect Ghanaian entrepreneurs and enterprises to the world’s angel investment community.
Ghana serves as the first country in West Africa to benefit from World Business Angel Investors Forum.