Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, as part of the world-leading augmented hospitality group, Accor, is pioneering a new guest safety initiative that redefines the hospitality experience in Ghana during these unprecedented times.
Adjudged the Luxury Business Hotel for West & Central Africa in the 2019 World Luxury Hotel Awards, the Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra has consistently prioritised the safety and wellbeing of employees and customers on a daily basis.
Today, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure guest safety, the hotel has elevated its norms, even further by launching the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention Label which represents some of the most stringent cleaning standards and operational protocols in the world of hospitality.
Recognising that consumer priorities have drastically shifted following the global Covid-19 pandemic, programme highlights include tailor-made operating protocols, cleaning products technology and team members training developed in partnership with hygiene solutions specialist Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspections and certification. With the appointment of an ‘ALL Safe Officer’, under the industry first ‘ALL Safe Officer’ initiative, the specially trained health and safety officer will not only ensure cleaning and hygiene protocols are implemented to the highest standards, but will be available to handle guests’ questions and concerns.
This initiative is bolstered by Accor’s strategic partnership with global insurance giant AXA which, as of July 2020, will be providing guests at its 5,000 properties worldwide with free medical support that includes consultations with medical professionals by phone or in the location where they are staying.
“The safety and wellbeing of our guests is always our priority and we regularly review and enhance our procedures and services to adapt to new circumstances or as improved technology becomes available,” said Adnan Yucel, General Manager, Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us all to change the way we live, work and stay and as part of the largest hotel group in Africa, we are taking the lead in reinventing the hospitality experience, introducing dedicated ‘ALL Safe Officers’ and a rigorous programme of transparent measures that give guests peace of mind and put their health first, which is what they now value most.”
Accor’s ALL Safe Accor Programme is all-encompassing, with procedures responding to new consumer behaviours and expectations. Priorities include:
Hygiene and cleanliness
- The appointment of specially trained ‘ALL Safe Officers’ to oversee all cleaning-related hotel operations, preventative measures and to handle guest enquiries;
- Guest gloves provided (and masks if guests arrive without an appropriate face cover), plus hydro alcoholic gel and wipes;
- Guests to deposit room key in box on departure for disinfection;
- In-room amenities provided on request.
Care and reassurance
- Free health support with AXA, starting from July 2020: including access to medical professionals and consultations by phone or in the location where guests are staying with Accor;
- Temperature control: guests will have their temperature taken at the hotel entrance;
- A dedicated hotline to help guests prepare for their stay and to answer questions or address concerns.
- 2-metre rule in all public areas and restaurants;
- 2-metre rule in hotel meeting spaces;
- One person or family in an elevator at one time;
- Appropriate spacing in pool areas.
Seamless and contactless services
- Assisted self-check in service;
- Online check-in and check-out service for bookings made through all.accor.com;
- Online payments;
- Use of WhatsApp communication tool;
- Virtual restaurant and in-room menus;
- New innovative dining solutions, including bento box takeaways for meetings, in-room dining at no extra cost and individually wrapped food packages for meetings delegates;
- Guests who planned to stay between March 17th, 2020 and June 30th, 2020 (inclusive) may modify the date of stay or cancel their reservation and receive a credit voucher in the amount of the original booking for use at the same hotel within 18 months. If the hotel is closed for the date of stay, they can cancel their reservation and be refunded without penalty by contacting the hotel directly.