Current Member of Parliament for Gushegu, Hassan Tampuli has been appointed as the Deputy Minister-designate for Transport.
Before entering Parliament, Mr. Tampuli served as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Petroleum Authority (NPA).
His new appointment is pending parliamentary approval.
His name was part of the list of 39 Deputy Ministers released by the President on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
Mr. Tampuli is the current Member of Parliament (MP) for the Gushegu constituency in the Northern Region.
Below is the profile of Hassan Tampuli
Mr. Hassan Tampuli was born on Thursday, 27th May 1976, and comes from Zinindo in the Northern Region but was born at Nima in the Greater Accra Region.
He is a Muslim by religion and is married with four children.
He is also an astute politician and a dedicated member of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP)
The Gushegu legislator holds a Master of Laws (LL.M), Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2013 and LLB (General LAW) – 2009
He also holds a BSC. Administration (Public administration) – 2005, a DPA (Public administration) – 2002, and a Qualifying Certificate in Law (QCL), Ghana School of Law, 2011.
Mr. Tampuli is currently a member of Standing Orders, Communications, and the Appointments Committees of Parliament.
Past employment history
- Chief Executive Officer, National Petroleum Authority (NPA), January 2017 – 2021
- Board Chairman, Musicians Association of Ghana (MUSIGA) Grand Ball, September 2017 to 2019
- Member, Presidential Transition Sub-Committee on Energy, December 2016
- Member, NPP 2016 Manifesto Committee on Energy, April 2016.
- Partner, Eastbridge Associates (Barristers & Solicitors), May 2015 – January 2017
- Lecturer, Wisconsin University College Faculty of Law, June 2014 – September 2015
- Head, Legal Department, National Service Scheme (NSS), April 2014 to May 2015
- Partner, Nuel & Associates, Legal Practitioners, and Immigration Consultants – October 2013 to March 2014
- Part-Time Lecturer in Criminal Procedure for Immigration Service Officers at the Ghana School of Law, Makola, October 2013
- Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah – Associate, June 2013 to September 2013
- Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah – Pupillage/ Associate, October 2011 – July 31, 2012
- Director, Tizaa Rural Bank, Gushegu, April 2012 to date
- SRC President, Ghana School of Law – May 2010- June 2011
- 2018 Outstanding Petroleum CEO – 9th Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards in April 2019.
- Special Recognition Award on Leadership – Ghana Oil and Gas Awards in 2019.
- Best CEO of the year 2018 – Northern Excellence Awards in 2019
- Best Quality Leadership Award – European Society for Quality Research (ESQR) Awards 2018. Awarded the 2018 Best Quality Leadership Award in the Gold Category at the ESQR’s awards ceremony in Las Vegas, USA in December 2018
- Award of Honour 2018 – Oil Trading and Logistics (OTL) Downstream Energy Awards, 2018. Awarded in recognition of support to the growth of Downstream Oil and Gas in Africa at the OTL Conference and Exhibition Week in Nigeria in October 2018.
- Outstanding Policy Initiative – Ghana Oil and Gas Awards 2017. Awarded the Outstanding policy initiative at the Ghana Oil and Gas Awards in Ghana in December 2017
- Africa’s Downstream Regulator of the Year – Oil Trading and Logistics (OTL) Downstream Energy Awards, 2017. Awarded in recognition of support to the growth of Downstream Oil and Gas in Africa at the OTL Conference and Exhibition Week in Nigeria in October 2017.
- Outstanding Policy – 2017 Climate and Clean Air Awards. Awarded by the Climate and Clean Air Coalition for implementing the use of low Sulphur fuels in Ghana in July 2017 at Bonn, Germany.