The AfCFTA Secretariat and its partners on the 4D, ProPer and Caravan Initiatives, AfroChampions and the Arab Bank for Economic Development (BADEA), have announced the finalists and semi-finalists for the AfCFTA Caravan Prize.
A key criterion for the selection of the finalists and semi-finalists is for an organisation and its founders to conceive and implement models, concepts, plans, products and/or services that, at scale, can contribute to the objectives of AfCFTA and the broader Agenda 2063 of the African Union, of which AfCFTA is a flagship.
The finalists and semi-finalists were selected by jurors with a rich background in the development and economic transformation sectors.
Their selection further reflects their institutions’ strong commitment to AfCFTA, SMEs, startup innovation and inclusive growth. They had the difficult task of picking the AfCFTA Caravan Prize semi-finalists, finalists, and eventual winners.
The list of finalists and semi-finalists were chosen from a pool of more than 1500 eligible candidates enterprises.
“If there is one hope that animates everything we do as a Secretariat, it is that AfCFTA must become the most inclusive and most digital Free Trade Area & Process in the World. By focusing on SMEs, digital innovation, gender & equitable transformation, the AfCFTA Caravan Prize will serve as a continental beacon for Agenda 2063. I celebrate the Prize Laureates for sharing our vision and thank the Jury and Partners for stepping up to the challenge,” said H.E. Wamkele Mene, Secretary General, AfCFTA Secretariat.
AfCFTA Caravan Prize Finalists
- Bernie Akporiaye – MATONTINE
- Dr John Afolayan – Medics2You
- Fokou Hugures Bertin – WhatsNear
- Piwai Nigel Chilasha – Alley Capital Group (PVT) LTD
- Matthieu Gaudemar – Kudoti
- Tapuwa Ndongwe – Wecol Limited
- Jean LOBE LOBE – Waspito
- Dennis Onkangi Onkundi – Tekizo Africa Limited
- Oritseweyinmi Sisan Tuedon – PostOff
- Mildreight Muzendu – Africa Free Trade Area (AFTA)
AfCFTA Caravan Prize Semi-finalists
- Langton Chirinda – GUNDI Consulting
- Alex Mativo – NANASI
- Abdullahi Muhammad Bature – Schoola
- Edem Adjamagbo – Samoa
- Roy Jere (Clean Cooking Technology Solution) – Kainos Afro-Green Energy
- Andre Hackett – SCHOOL OF NEW AFRICA
- Rukudzo Chikonye – Agora
- Serge Olivier KITT EKOTTO – YADOO PAY
- Apegu- Eolu Julius Nelson – (Transforming Soil Health though Biodynamics Agriculture for Food Security and Wealth)
- Gugulethu Nyathi – Ribbon Blockchain
The winners will be announced at the Arab Africa Trade forum on Wednesday, 3rd November 2021.
The AfCFTA Caravan Prize celebrates Africa’s SMEs, startups, social enterprises and innovator entities keen on harnessing the benefits that will be created by AfCFTA to expand continentally and flourish at the grassroots. Growing out of the earlier AfCFTA Vision and Caravan Africa competitive grants programs, the Prize seeks to discover transformative ideas to expedite AfCFTA implementation.