The maiden edition of the Forty Under 40 Africa announced its grand winners on Saturday, March 26th, 2022, at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra -Ghana.
The event was organized by Xodus Communications in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports in Ghana, and the Ministry of Arts and Culture.
It was attended by dignitaries from about 16 African countries with about 65 nominees. The awards seeks to identify, honour and celebrate a cross- section of the continent’s most influential and accomplished young business leaders under the age of forty from a wide range of industries.
The awards target people committed to business growth, professional excellence and community service.
The winners for this year’s event were from South Africa, Niger, Egypt, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Togo, Namibia, Cameron, South Sudan, Swaziland and Morocco.
Speaking at the event, a Deputy Minister of Tourism, Mark Okraku Mantey said, he is excited to see young entrepreneurs across the continent making inroads in various fields coming together for such an occasion.
According to him, it is time for Africa’s youth to unite and build the continent together no matter the cultural and political differences.
“I want to welcome all of you to our dear country. I bring you greetings from above, our able President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, who is so happy to have you here. I want to also take the opportunity to congratulate all nominees here and thank you all for the good works you’ve been doing for your various countries. As youth of the continent, it is time for us to take the mantle and build our own continent through tourism and other entrepreneurial ventures. We need to change the narrative now”, he said.
The Chief Executive Officer of Xodus Communications, Richard Abbey Junior, said he was impressed with the number of personalities who traveled across the continent to grace the occasion.
He also commended the board and the jury led by Krist Senanu, who worked tirelessly to achieve this success.
“As organizers, our objective is to recognize and celebrate emerging leaders under the age of 40 who demonstrate or impact personally or professionally through their exceptional leadership; identity projects and individual achievements “, he said.
Xodus Communications Limited is noted for organizing several prestigious awards in Ghana including Forty under 40 Ghana, the Manufacturing Awards, Insurance Awards, Oil and Gas Awards and the new Ghana Auto Awards.
Here are the winners list under various categories.
1. FOLABI EDWARD OBEMBE – WORLDVIEW UK LIMITED, NIGERIA
HONORARY (DIGITAL EDUCATION)
2. MARYBEN OMOLLO – GREENESEAL CLEANERS & PEST CONTROLLERS, KENYA
HONORARY (WOMEN EMPOERMENT)
3. ORRY DIANA MUSIBURU SEEM – ECOBANK TRANSNATIONAL INCORPORATED, TOGO
HONORARY (GIRL CHILD EDUCATION)
4. REGINALD PILLAY – ARISTON GLOBAL (PTY) LTD, SOUTH AFRICA
HONORARY (BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES)
5. EFE UKALA – IMPACTHER FOUNDATION LTD/GTE, NIGERIA
HONORARY (SOCIAL SUPPORT)
6. DR EURIKA MOGANE – THARIKA M HEALTH, SOUTH AFRICA
7. MOHAMED L YAHFFA – ZULUMANDINGO COMPANY
SPECIAL RECOGNITION (LOGISTICS & SUPPLY)
8. OUMAR TRAORE FATI – 227NIGERWEDDING, NIGER
9. MOHAMED EZZELDIN -LEMON SPACES, EGYPT
10. ROSE CHEPCHIRCHIR RONOH – TRADESMART CONSULT LTD, KENYA
11. ISSOUFOU ADAMOU IDDRISSA – CABINET IAI, NIGER
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES (MALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
12. LANGELIHLE NDLOVU – AFRODROID MEDIA, ZIMBABWE (SINGLE NOMINEE)
13. CHINENYE EBELE ONUORAH – REGALO HOPE FOUNDATION, NIGERIA
14. JANET TAYO FAREMI – AMBASSADOR STORES, NIGERIA
SALES & MARKETING
15. MONDLI KUNENE – MONDLI ART PROJECTS, SOUTH AFRICA
THEATER AND ARTS (MALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
16. ROSEBIRD AMA DADZIE – ROBEN ARTS, GHANA
THEATER AND ARTS (FEMALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
17. AUDREY SIMBISO CHIDAWANYIKA -ZIPPORAH CONSULTANCY, ZIMBABWE
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES (FEMALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
18. BERNARD KOFI BONARPARTE – BONABEAR FOUNDATION GHANA, GHANA
19. SANTIAGO ROBERTS – MISS TOURISM NIGERIA, NIGERIA
BEAUTY AND LIFESTYLE
20. EDIRIN EDEWOR – ONLINE PUBLISHERS AND ENTRPRENEURS NETWORK (OPEN), NIGERIA
AUTHORSHIP AND CREATIVE WRITING
21. TOSEEF DIN – MPSHAH HOSPITAL, KENYA
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
22. EMMANUEL EZIMA – A-Z COUTURE, NIGERIA
23. AYOKUNLE OLUSHOLA AYOKO – KAIZEN ACADEMY LIMITED, NIGERIA
LAW (SINGLE NOMINEE)
24. BOBI WINE (KYAGULANYI ROBERT SSENTAMU)- PEOPLE POWER, UGANDA
GOVERNANCE AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
25. NAKEDI PULE MALAHLELA – TURFLOOP FOOTBALL CLUB LIMPOPO, SOUTH AFRICA
26. ANTONY NGURE GACHERU – ENVIRONMENT TWO FIVE FOUR GROUP, KENYA
PRINTING & PUBLISHING
27. RUTH MUENI MUKHWANA – M2M PROMOTION & EVENTS, KENYA
COMMUNICATIONS & ADVERTISING
28. PELUMI ARIBISALA – CATO FOODS, NIGERIA
AGRICULTURE & AGRO PROCESSING
29. MAGED MAURICE MICHEL KHELLA – VIAMO INC, EGYPT
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (MALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
30. ANGELA NTHABISENG SENOSHA – POSITIVE SWITCH PTY (LTD), SOUTH AFRICA
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (FEMALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
31. NELSON AMO – INNOHUB LIMITED, GHANA
32. KWANELE BOLTINA – RILEY AUCTIONEERS LTD, SOUTH AFRICA
33. SHAKEMORE TIMBURWA – ENERGYPLUS, ZIMBABWE
34. DR. KOFI AMOA ABBAN – RIGWORLD, GHANA
OIL & GAS (DIVIDE)
35. CHRISTINE AWUOR OGOLA – YOUTH FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT-NAIROBI
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (YOUTH EMPOWERMENT) DIVIDE
36. MASONWABE FUMA (YOUTH EMPOWERMENT AND DEVELOPMENT, MENTORSHIP) – SAKHULUTSHA EAFRIKA, SOUTH AFRICA
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (MENTORSHIP) DIVIDE
37. AMANDA NGCONO NKOMO- NGCONO MBOWANE FOUNDATION, ZIMBABWE
PHILANTHROPY AND CHARITY (CAPACITY BUILDING) (DIVIDE)
38. TARIRO CHIREWA- YAMA FOUNDATION, ZIMBABWE (ACADEMIC SUPPORT)
PHILANTHROPY AND CHARITY (DIVIDE)
39. MATOVU RONALD – GAGAMEL INTERNATIONAL, UGANDA
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT (MALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
40. JANATTE HADDADI- GIRAFFE THREE SIXTY, MORROCO
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT (FEMALE CATEGORY) DIVIDE
41. RONALD TAGOE – MNOTIFY/CHATBOTS AFRICA, GHANA
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
42. NELSON MADIBA AMO
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
43. SHAKEMORE TIMBURWA – ENERGYPLUS, ZIMBABWE
FIRST AMONG EQUALS