A poll purportedly conducted by the National Security indicates that Freddie Blay will emerge as the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Chairman at this weekend’s delegate’s congress in Koforidua.
According to the poll, the current Ag. National Chairman, Freddie Blay, will win by a 53 percent margin, as against 47 percent by Stephen Ntim.
The summary of the poll, sighted by Citi News, is said to have been carried out in June 2018 using structured questionnaires.
The sample size for the poll constituted 4,121 delegates drawn from the 275 constituencies, 10 Regional Executive Committees, 187 TESCON branches across the country, diaspora delegates, MMDCEs, Ministers and deputy ministers of state.
Sammi Awuku, F. F. Antoh, Rita Talata Asobayire, Omari Waddie, John Boadu, Abankwa Yeboah, Henry Nana Boakye and Kate Gyamfua will also win their respective contests according to the poll.
For the Vice Chairmanship positions, the poll said F. F. Antoh was likely to emerge as the 1st Vice Chairman.
Rita Talata Asobayire and Omari Wadie are expected to follow as the 2nd Vice Chairperson and 3rd Vice Chairman respectively.
Henry Nana Boakye, also known as Nana B, is pegged to win the keenly contested National Youth Organizer race, according to the poll.
The polls showed that 55.6 percent of delegates preferred Nana B; 22.22 percent preferred Dominic Kwesi Eduah; 21.9 percent preferred Kamal-Deen Abdulai, with 0.28 percent voting for Nana Bediako.
The poll stated that the current Ag. General Secretary, John Boadu, will win massively by polling 78 percent of valid votes cast as against 22 percent by Richard Ahiagbah.
For Sammi Awuku, the polls stated that he will emerge as the National Organizer of NPP with 94 percent of delegates in favour of him.
The current National Treasurer of the NPP, Abankwa Yeboah, is predicted to win with 41 percent of the votes, whilst Mary Porch and Nuhu Mahama are expected to trail closely with 39 percent and 20 percent respectively.
Kate Gyamfua is expected to emerge as the National Women’s Organizer of the party, according to the poll.
The polls show 58 percent of the delegates voting for Kate Gyamfuah whiles the remaining 42 percent will vote for Joyce Konokie Zempare.