Having courted the attention of great dancehall musicians like Popcaan, Kranium, Shatta Wale and the like, up and coming dancehall act, J. Derobie is making great strides with his new music.
The talented singer, for the past few days has been topping iTune chart with his ‘Poverty’ song.
[contextly_sidebar id=”ZhcMhx7ZGhcO0olYUjKyl6UZSZDaDQaw”] Speaking to Jessica Opare Saforo and Osei Kwame on Citi FM’s Traffic Avenue on Monday, the budding musician told a story of how the journey to his music career started.
Below are 10 things J.Derobie revealed about himself and his music journey, on the show:
1. His showbiz name J. Derobie was couched from his real name is Derrick Obuobi Junior.
2. He attended Dagbon Stage Senior High School.
3. J. Derobie lives at Nungua in Accra.
4. He was born in the Northern Region, brought to Nungua, stayed at Midie for a while, went back to the North to school and returned to Accra after senior high school.
5. He works at the Birth and Death Registry as a volunteer.
6. Before ‘Poverty’, he had released ‘Awuradee’, ‘Vim’ and ‘Odo Yewu.’
7. Poverty is still Number 1 on iTunes chart.
8. J. Derobie was among the many talented acts across Africa selected for Mr. Eazi’s ‘EMPAWA Africa’ initiative.
9. The video was directed by Salifu Abdul Hafiz who doubles as his manager.
10. He started as a rapper but had to quit because he was told by friends that he was a good singer.
By: Kwame Dadzie | citinewsroom.com | Ghana