The Ghana Police Service is on a manhunt for a 27-year-old man, who is believed to be the prime suspect in the death of two infants at Apemso in the Ashanti region.
The bodies of the two children, aged 4 and 2, were found on Sunday in an uncompleted building in the area.
According to the mother of the children, the kids were in the care of their father the suspect, after their marriage went sour.
Speaking to Citi News, the KNUST District Commander, Chief Superintendent Godfred Obeng Asare, called on the public to volunteer information that can help lead to his arrest.
“The lady gave us a contact and when we got to the man’s house we saw the same number written on the entrance to his room, but all efforts to reach him on the number has proved futile. So we are pleading with the public to help us find him so he can tell us what happened to the children,” the District Commander said.
The children were last seen in the care of their father who is currently at large.
Chief Superintendent Godfred Obeng Asare told Citi News that; “The children were previously staying with their parents; a 26-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man at Apemso near KNUST. They separated as a result of a misunderstanding and the woman left the matrimonial home with the children.”
“Two months later, the man went to her and requested to have custody of the children and the woman obliged and handed them over to him. She didn’t hear from them or her husband until there was information of the found bodies and she came to the police station and identified them as her children. She is currently assisting us in our investigation.”