All is set for the final showdown of the 2021 edition of Citi FM’s ‘The Literacy Challenge’.
The top 10 contestants will from today Wednesday, September 15, 2021, begin a boot camp ahead of the finals on Saturday.
They are expected to arrive at the premises of Citi FM/Citi TV this morning, after which they will head to the hotel and lodge for three days.
The finalists will have the opportunity to tour the offices of Citi FM/Citi TV as well as that of the sponsors to acquaint themselves with the operations of the corporate world.
There will also be a coaching and mentorship session. Organizers have also assured that all COVID-19 safety protocols will be observed during the period.
The finals of the Literacy Challenge comes off on Saturday, September 18, 2021, at the Alisa Hotel where the 10 finalists will compete in a classic quiz competition.
The winner of the quiz walks away with a mouthwatering GHS 10,000 as well as other prizes from the sponsors. The Literacy Challenge is a nationwide educational campaign that promotes literacy in Ghana.
This year, interested participants wrote an essay on the topic: “As an aspiring presidential candidate, in not less than 600 words, write a convincing manifesto speech that is intended to fix the country and to bring hope in political governance.”
The competition is powered by 97.3 Citi FM, with support from Citi TV.
The Literacy Challenge is sponsored by SIC Insurance and the Vodafone Ghana Foundation as part of the Kindred Partners.
Who are the top 10 finalists?
1. Jayden Dziedzorm Akpalu – De Youngester’s International School
2. Ewura Abena Okai Brako – Bishop Bowers School
3. Effie Seguwa Sagoe – Christ the King International School
4. Selorm Esi Bedzra – Victory Presbyterian School
5. Desmond Boateng Barimah – Christ the King International School
6. Agyapong Abena Serwaa – Silicon Valley International School
7. Tweneboa-Koduah Abena Tweneboaa – The Light Academy
8. Kudomor Selorm Korbla – Queensland International School
9. Anarfi Kyeremateng Alfred – Happy Kids School
10. Kekeli Kojo Akaba – The Flobar School